What Is Affirm?
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit-payment products. Affirm offers instant financing for online purchases on Eventbrite to be paid in fixed monthly installments over 3 or 6 months. Please note that What The Festival is not directly affiliated with Affirm.
How Does Affirm Work?
1. At checkout, choose Monthly Payments with Affirm.
2. Affirm prompts you to enter a few pieces of information: Name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. This information must be consistent and your own.
3. To ensure that you’re the person making the purchase, Affirm sends a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
4. Enter the authorization code into the Affirm application form. Within a few seconds, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you have to pay off your loan. You have the option to pay off your loan over three or six months. Affirm states the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan.
5. To accept Affirm’s financing offer, click Confirm Loan and you’re done.
After your purchase, you’ll receive monthly email and SMS reminders from Affirm about your upcoming payments. You can also set up autopay to avoid missing a payment. Your first monthly payment is due to Affirm 30 days from the date that Eventbrite processes your order.
What Are Affirm’s Fees to the Attendee?
The annual percentage rate (APR) on an Affirm loan ranges from 10% to 30%. Affirm discloses any required fees upfront before you make a purchase, so you know exactly what you will pay for your financing. Affirm does not charge any hidden fees, including annual fees. This calculator helps you figure out monthly payments based on ticket price: